Applications are being accepted for a full-time Housekeeper at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. The Housekeeper performs custodial duties and heavy-duty cleaning. Occasional Saturdays required on a rotating basis.
In addition, a 3% wage shift differential is provided for hours worked after 6:00 p.m.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of the Moraine Park Technical College team and the success of our students!
Summary of Work Schedule-Academic: Monday through Thursday 2:30 – 11:00 p.m. and Friday 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Academic: 40
Summary of Work Schedule-Summer: Monday through Thursday 1:30 – 11:00 p.m.
Total Hours/Week-Summer: 36
Weeks per year: 52
Hiring range: $15.17-$17.85
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place May 30, 2023.
- Vacuum, sweep, dust and clean classrooms, offices, labs, corridors and shops. Clean table tops, desks, blackboards, glass and counter tops. Empty and clean wastepaper baskets, and pencil sharpeners.
- Clean restrooms, sinks, toilets, mirrors, partitions and water fountains. Refill soap and paper dispensers.
- Operate cleaning equipment to scrub, wax, buff floors, shampoo carpeting and clean furniture.
- Stock housekeeping closets and notify supervisor when supply items need to be reordered.
- Straighten, move and arrange furniture. Provide extra furniture as needed.
- Resolve immediate customer problems such as locating rooms, opening doors, and refer to other Facilities staff for assistance as necessary.
- Identify problems and notify supervisor of equipment and facilities needing repairs and/or replacement.
- Perform building security functions as required. Remove snow from sidewalks.
- Identify and dispose of recyclable materials, hazardous waste and contaminated materials according to District procedure and safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) Certificate or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
- A minimum of one year of housekeeping or customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to bend, stoop, reach, push/pull and work in a standing position and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, prioritize work tasks and complete job assignments independently.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work professionally and effectively with students, staff and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
- Effective communication skills using a variety of methods including phone, email, text messaging and video conferencing. Working knowledge of computer software.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, cleaning materials, and the ability to operate commercial cleaning equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Employee Right-To-Know, bloodborne pathogens and other safety regulations is preferred.