Fond du Lac
The Housekeeper performs custodial duties and heavy-duty cleaning on our Fond du Lac campus.
Hours may vary.
Pay is $15.17/hr
1. Vacuum, sweep, dust and clean classrooms, offices, labs, corridors and shops. Clean table tops, desks, whiteboards, glass and counter tops. Empty and clean waste and recycling containers.
2. Clean restrooms, sinks, toilets, mirrors, partitions and water fountains. Refill soap and paper dispensers.
3. Operate cleaning equipment to scrub, wax, buff floors, shampoo carpeting and clean furniture.
4. Maintain supplies in assigned work area.
5. Straighten, move and arrange furniture. Provide extra furniture as needed.
6. Resolve immediate customer problems such as locating rooms, opening doors, and refer to other Facilities staff for assistance as necessary.
7. Remove snow from entrances and sidewalks.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) Certificate or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
2. A minimum of one year of housekeeping or customer service experience.
3. Knowledge of cleaning methods, cleaning materials, and the ability to operate commercial cleaning equipment is preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to bend, stoop, reach, push/pull and work in a standing position and walk for long periods of time.
5. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs.
6. Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, prioritize work tasks and complete job assignments independently.
7. Demonstrated ability to interact and work professionally and effectively with students, staff and the general public.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
9. Effective communication skills using a variety of methods including phone, email, text messaging and video conferencing. Working knowledge of computer software.
10. Knowledge of Employee Right-To-Know, bloodborne pathogens and other safety regulations is preferred.