Salary: $12.57 – $16.93 Hourly
Location: 459 E First Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Harbor Haven Health and Rehabilitation
Job Number: 0818HOUSE2022
Closing: 9/1/2022 4:30 PM Central
Under the general supervision of the Director of Environmental Services, cleans assigned/designated building areas and performs a variety of housekeeping duties in order to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions. Does related work as required.
Work hours are 7:00am-3:30pm (Monday-Friday) with every fourth weekend rotation.
Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Receives oral and written instruction as to area and work assignment.
- Assembles necessary cleaning supplies and equipment, transports to working area and returns unused supplies at the end of shift.
- Replaces light bulbs in nightstands and outlet covers as needed.
- Moves furniture, equipment, and supplies as necessary to accomplish assigned housekeeping tasks.
- Cleans and services building, sweeping, mopping, wet washing, vacuuming, and polishing floors.
- Strips, seals, and lays floor finish.
- Washes walls, ceiling, windows and window treatments, and trash receptacles in order to maintain area cleanliness.
- Dusts sills, ledges, floors, furniture, doors, etc., using dust cloth and appropriate cleaners. Cleans light fixtures and mopboards.
- Washes sinks, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, and insures water cooler cleanliness.
- Participates in on-going job training and facility committees as assigned.
- Replenishes towels, soaps, toilet paper, and disposable items.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and relines trash containers in assigned areas.
- Assists in cleaning and routine maintenance of housekeeping equipment, tools, etc.
- Performs infection control and isolation procedures.
- Participates in fire drills and disaster evacuations when circumstances exist.
- Performs laundry duties when needed.
- Performs Central Supply duties when needed.
Desirable Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with equipment, materials, and methods ordinarily used in the housekeeping function. Some knowledge of cleaning isolation and infection control procedures.
- Ability to utilize various hand-cleaning tools and supplies, stepladders, floor cleaning and polishing machines, wet and dry vacuums, wall-washing equipment, and carts.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out written and oral instructions and learn routine tasks quickly. Ability to work among residents who may possess behavioral and psychological disorders.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to bend, stoop, climb stepladder and possession of strength, agility, and manual dexterity necessary to accomplish required tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with and accommodate needs of fellow employees, residents, and visitors.
Training and Experience:
Graduation from high school or the equivalent and one year of experience in commercial or institutional housekeeping or evidence of successful completion of technical school program in housekeeping/custodial field.Supplemental Information
Work Direction Received:
General supervision is received from the Director of Environmental Services. Daily activities are performed independently.
There is no supervisory responsibility.
Routine housekeeping decisions.
There is significant interaction with residents and other departments.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Please see the attached link for more information on our benefits.