|Job Title||Human Resources Intern|
|Home Department:||Human Resources|
|Employment Status:||Non-Exempt; Full-time Summer Internship|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
|Position Location:||Corporate office|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a summer intern to join our Human Resources team for the summer of 2024.
About the Role
- Assists in recruitment process which may include, but are not limited to: performing job posting process, entering candidate information in applicant tracking system, assisting with phone screens, administering candidate testing, and attending job fairs.
- Prepares various reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing research regarding external market salary data for positions.
- Participates in variety of HR functions by assisting new employee orientation, coordinating event and training planning, completing driving record checks, updating job descriptions, and maintaining communication billboard.
- Performs assorted clerical work by filing and organizing employee records, supporting the on-boarding process, creating new hire packets, completing verifications of employment, ordering and distributing educational materials, administering educational testing, ordering employee transcripts, and performing receptionist tasks.
- Assists in coordination of new hire orientation and other training activities by advertising upcoming training classes and sessions, setting up appointments with trainers, scheduling training room, and notifying participants of updates and information. Assists in designing training programs on an as needed basis.
- Contributes to overall Human Resources function by completing a variety of assigned projects with accuracy and timeliness.
- May be involved in Human Resources activities, including but not limited to: employee “fun” activities, employee education, wellness activities, and PR/Community activities.
- You are an excellent communicator and build rapport easily.
- You practice attentive and active listening and can paraphrase effectively.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy taking the initiative.
- You are quality-focused and take pride in your work.
- You enjoy doing multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal and use resources effectively and efficiently.
What it Will Take
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status.
- Knowledge of Human Resources topics.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of at least one HR course highly preferred.
What Society Can Offer Full-Time Employees
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.