What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer challenging assignments and total rewards in countries around the world. When we say infinite possibilities, we mean it. Apply now and join a community that improves people’s lives, the planet and our company’s performance by transforming renewable resources into products people depend on every day.
NAC EHS Regional Coordinator – East Region
Multiple factors, including Individual experience, skills and abilities will determine where an employee is ultimately placed in the pay range.
The Job You Will Perform:
- The converting Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) regional coordinator position will report to the Area EHS manager. The position will support International Paper’s performance goals by supporting EHS programs for converting operations. This position will provide on-site support to effectively implement EHS processes and programs as defined by the North American Container (NAC) EHS manager and (NAC) VP of Manufacturing. The position will also align with NAC business regional management to ensure that business needs are aligned with EHS program implementation.
- This individual will need to learn and adjust quickly, be action oriented, be responsive to facility needs and be able to work independently. The individual will also work directly with area EHS/Business leads.
- In addition to the highest ethical standards, this person must also embody IP’s commitment to four key accountabilities:
- Elimination of LIFE incidents, and pursuing an accident free workplace; regardless of where we operate.
- Demanding 100 percent compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Raising performance standards by advancing the ideals of sustainability.
- Developing site EHS coordinators with appropriate competencies and skill sets needed to effectively lead EHS programs at the facility.
- In each Area, this position will implement EHS programs aligned with the LIFE program, the North American converting EHS work plan and company policies, as well as state and federal regulations.
- EHS & WC Excellence – Implement measures to advance environmental and safety performance; achieve gains and reduce costs and liabilities for environmental and safety incidents; reduce workers’ compensation cost and claim volume.
- Work directly with converting regional and plant management to ensure execution of EHS programs and practices in operating plants. The incumbent will assist in developing the skills of assigned EHS coordinators in operating plants to ensure completion and execution of regulatory requirements.
The Skills You Will Bring:
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in the forest products industry or an industry with a similar risk profile, and bring to this position a type of creativity and “can do” attitude that will make the overall organization successful.
- The candidate will need a practical understanding of governance and regulation including both law and policies, and the ability to work with the lead hourly (both union and non-union) employees, and exempt and non-exempt staff.
- This position builds on IP’s reputation for excellence, innovation and leadership in EHS management. The position will be recognized and rewarded for delivering solutions that sustain and improve current levels of EHS performance in more effective and efficient manner.
- The position will provide support for 10-15 locations typically within a 100-150 mile radius of where the position is located. In some situations the plants will be outside of this circle and require air travel.
- Position requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health & safety, science or engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; presentation and training delivery skills
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to be flexible and open to move based on regional needs and openings
- Capable of independent work
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
International Paper offers a benefits package that includes health, welfare and retirement plans including Medical, Dental, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-term and Long-term Disability, 401(k), Company-funded retirement contributions, Paid Time Off, Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement), Student Loan Repayment Assistance, and Voluntary Benefits including insurance for home, auto, vision and pets.
The Career You Will Build:
Leadership training and promotional opportunities within a global company
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the planet, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. We have team members all around the world with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. These are our strengths. We are committed to creating a culture where all individuals are respected, valued, engaged and have an opportunity to do their best work every day. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly inclusive and diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2022 were $21.2 billion. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. International Paper complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com or (877) 973-3919.