Join Our Movement
BCI Burke is a growing company that designs and manufactures equipment for playgrounds, recreation, outdoor fitness and classrooms! Using research-based design, that help everyone find the best of themselves through play and movement. Founded in 1920 in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, our passion, mission and business is to bring Play That Moves You ® to the communities we serve. With hundreds of dedicated employees, BCI Burke is a leader in the recreation industry and continues the more than 100-year dedication to being a partner to parks and recreation, schools, churches, Homeowner’s Associations, childcares, Landscape Architects, and anyone who is looking to bring play and outdoor recreation to their community. Joining Our Movement as an Industrial Designer will give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger and grow your career with Burke!?
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of creativity, enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
The Role – What You’ll Do!
- Concept Development
Create and innovate! At Burke, every product is a new experience. From drafting sketches and creating 3D models to facilitating design reviews and product testing, you will be integral in moving our organization forward and creating Play That Moves You!
- Market Analysis and Planning
Research and analyze! We seek to design and develop the most innovative products to create and meet market needs. Staying current on trends in play design and on competitor products will help Burke bring a higher level of play to more communities!
- Added Bonus A unique opportunity to work with a talented team in an exciting atmosphere that promotes creativity and interaction. AND…AND…we get to test the products we develop. So basically, we play at work. Not all the time…but sometimes.
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; preferably in Industrial Design or another related technical degree
- Proficient in 3D modeling software, non-parametric and parametric (Rhino3D and Autodesk Inventor a plus), Sketchbook Pro, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- 1 to 3 years of experience designing, developing, and launching new creative mechanical products with user interaction
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and then implement solutions.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and solid written/verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external team members
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for people and play!
Comprehensive medical including optional dental and vision insurance and health savings or flexible spending accounts
401(k) with match
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Summer food truck parties every week
New fitness center
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.