Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
The Industrial Engineering position will be a critical team member within Mercury’s aluminum foundry (Plant 17) with responsibility for maintaining and improving the process flow of parts through all operations. They will focus on part cost analysis, performing time studies, new work cell & machine designs, large scale project management, process improvements, data analysis & reporting, and standard work instructions.
- Ensure plant efficiency and workplace safety
- Control, analyze, and update part routings through plant data systems
- Review process efficiencies and identify improvement areas that are not achieving plant goals
- Perform, document, and analyze time and motion studies
- Plan, design, and manage large new equipment purchase and implementation projects including new machine selection, ergonomic & safety reviews, and the efficient layout of equipment
- Support and help lead ISO certification processes
- Create, maintain, and improve work instructions / standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Create, develop, or improve systems to track and report out plant downtime, efficiencies, time study completion rates, capacity analysis, and yearly standard updates for process routings, ideally using SQL or MS Access databases
- Develop a wide variety of plant reports, dashboards, and communication channels utilizing software such as Ignition, Power BI, or SharePoint
- Help develop and implement new planning and scheduling software to replace current legacy systems
Successful candidates must demonstrate:
- Desire to be “hands on” at the shop-floor level within a foundry environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with support teams and operations management
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record to effectively lead a multifaceted team
- Successful project management and time management skills
- Ability to lead & excel in an extremely dynamic and constantly changing manufacturing environment
- Willingness to “push the envelope” and try new processes/systems/approaches that may be new to the factory
- Ability to make independent judgements and support those decisions with data and sound logic
- Self-driven to grow professionally through training, involvement in professional organizations, continuous education, and certifications
- Effective with moderate supervision
- Utilize data to drive all decisions
- Apply a “systems” approach and look at all factors of the plant when solving problems and making improvements
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related engineering field
- 3-7 years of experience in the manufacturing field
- Experience with Time & Motion studies and creating work instructions
- Experience with ERP and Part Routing systems
- Experience with standardized part costing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Excel, Access, SQL Management Studio, Teams and SharePoint
- Ability to work with large amounts of data quickly and efficiently to drive to solutions
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Strong experience in creating, maintaining, and improving database systems (SQL or MS Access)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Experience managing large capital projects
- Familiarity with the manufacturing environment especially metal casting
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.