Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Summary of Position:
The main role of this position will be to focus on assessing and treating work-related injuries/illnesses within Mercury Marine Medical Directives and to maintain accurate records and charting of all medical encounters between employees and the Occupational Health Staff. This position is for PM shift primarily supporting manufacturing and distribution operations on the Mercury Marine Fond du Lac Campus. The position reports to the Occupational Health Manager as a member of the Occupational Health team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and treat work-related injuries within Mercury Marine Medical Directives.
- Provide emergency care to occupational and non occupational illnesses within Mercury Marine’s Medical Directives.
- Maintain accurate records in OHS charting of all medical encounters between Mercury employees and Occupational Health Staff.
- Generate initial incident investigation reporting and communicate to management
- Conduct oral substance abuse screening and testing per Mercury directives, standards and protocols
- Conduct vision testing for employees who operate powered industrial vehicles.
- Provide guidance/ training to employees for wearing necessary respirator protection.
- Assist in providing AED, CPR and BBP training to employees on the emergency response teams.
- Makes routine visits in the plant to check on employees as needed and to perform equipment checks.
- Inspect and maintain emergency response equipment
- Create files for new employees in OHM system
- Works with ER and local medical providers to facilitate early return to work for employees injured on third shift and sent for outside medical care.
- Provides information to management regarding physical capacity of employee capabilities associated with work restrictions received from external medical providers.
- File appropriate terminated/retired employee files according to ILM standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as appropriate and in accordance with applicable law.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Possess requisite interpersonal and communication skills to support working with all levels of the organization as a team player.
- Self-starter, with good attention to detail and flexibility.
- Must have computers skills to conduct record management and filing.
- State of Wisconsin licensed nurse (L.P.N. and/or R.N.)
- A minimum of 2+ years of clinical healthcare experience in a medical setting, preferable a medical clinic, occupational health, ER or urgent care.
- Certification in CPR/AED for the health professional.
- Experience with occupational medicine or related setting is preferred.
- Able to work overtime hours as needed to ensure coverage for adjoining shifts.
- Experience with Occupational Health, Urgent Care, ER, Internal or Family Medicine is preferred.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.