Fond du Lac
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
The main role of this position will be to focus on assessing and treating work-related injuries/illnesses within Mercury Marine medical directives and to maintain accurate records and charting of all medical encounters between employees and the Occupational Health staff. This position on third shift primarily supporting manufacturing and distribution operations on the Mercury Marine Fond du Lac Campus. This position will be onsite Sunday – Thursday 10:30pm – 7:00am. We offer a competitive benefits package including PTO, Paid Holidays, Cell phone stipend, company profit sharing, 401K matching, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement and excellent healthcare, dental, and vision insurance. The position reports to the Occupational Health Manager as a member of the occupational health team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and treat work-related injuries within Mercury Marine medical directives.
- Provide emergency care to occupational and non-occupational illnesses within Mercury Marine’s medical directives.
- Maintain accurate records in OHS charting of all medical encounters between Mercury employees and Occupational Health staff.
- Generate initial incident investigation reporting and communicate to management.
- Conduct oral substance abuse screening and testing per Mercury directives, standards and protocols.
- Conduct vision testing for employees who operate powered industrial vehicles.
- Provide guidance/ training to employees for wearing necessary respirator protection.
- Assist in providing AED, CPR and BBP training to employees on the emergency response teams.
- Makes routine visits in the plant to check on employees as needed and to perform equipment checks.
- Inspect and maintain emergency response equipment.
- Create files for new employees in OHM system.
- Works with ER and local medical providers to facilitate early return to work for employees injured on third shift and sent for outside medical care.
- Provides information to management regarding physical capacity of employee capabilities associated with work restrictions received from external medical providers.
- File appropriate terminated/retired employee files according to ILM standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as appropriate and in accordance with applicable law.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Possess requisite interpersonal and communication skills to support working with all levels of the organization as a team player.
- Self-starter, with good attention to detail and flexibility.
- Must have computers skills to conduct record management and filing.
- State of Wisconsin licensed nurse (L.P.N. and/or R.N.)
- A minimum of 2+ years of clinical healthcare experience in a medical setting, preferable a medical clinic, occupational health, ER or urgent care.
- Certification in CPR/AED for the health professional.
- Experience with occupational medicine or related setting is preferred.
- Able to work overtime hours as needed to ensure coverage for adjoining shifts.
- Experience with Occupational Health, Urgent Care, ER, Internal or Family Medicine is preferred.
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.