Marchant Schmidt is a global leader in the manufacture of Industrial Food Cutting Solutions and serves the world from our manufacturing sites in the United States and the United Kingdom. With a strong engineering focus, we produce Hygienic Automation solutions and are known to be direct food contact specialists. Family values drive our culture, innovation, quality and responsible customer partnerships.
This position is responsible for enhancing the quality of Information Technology (IT) and business systems products and services, analyzing data to inform business decisions, and finding technological solutions to ensure business continuity and effectiveness. The role will work closely with leadership and functional teams to develop and deliver the Company’s enterprise technology roadmap and achieve company objectives.
• Develop, lead, and motivate information services team and resources.
• Ensure the organization is staffed and managed appropriately to effectively execute work and meet project schedules; identifying required skills, skill gaps, and required training, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, and overall employee experience.
• Provide IT support including resolving highly complex issues and assist with data security and redundancy.
• Resolve outages and system issues quickly, conducting root cause analysis and researching hardware and software applications.
• Work with management to resolve issues and documents resolution.
• Lead development and management of company’s enterprise technology roadmap and portfolio of IS-related products and services (e.g., CRM, ERP, Operating Systems, etc.) aligned with the Company’s strategic objectives and business needs.
• Regularly review and audit applications and programs, making modifications and/or updates of applications, software, and hardware.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies and upgrades.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new hardware solutions and upgrades.
• Prepare, maintain, and keep updated IT procedures and documentation related to processes and platform operations.
• Develop, maintain, and execute a Cybersecurity policy, providing security audits, assessments, and investigations.
• Establish, monitor, and achieve key IT metrics.
• Work closely with Managed IT Services providers and provide guidance on company strategy, goals, and objectives
• Work closely with other teams and departments to ensure product, material, and information streams flow and are synchronized to produce maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
• Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
• Lead, implement and promote a culture of respect, integrity, and accountability.
• Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications, Education, Skills:
• A four-year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related computer/technology field is required.
• 5+ years of related experience in hands on IT and project management with demonstrated leadership experiences and capabilities.
• Experience in Information and Cyber Security.
• Experience in Office365 system administration
• Experience in setting up, configuring, and testing Cisco Systems, including but not limited to Cisco LAN switches (core, distribution, and access), Cisco firewalls, and routers
• Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must have effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a highly dynamic environment.