Fond du Lac
Under direction of the VP of International Foodservice, identify, develop, and manage marketing plans and efforts for new products within International FS including regulatory packaging compliance, product development process, and launch. Develop and execute product-specific marketing analysis and programs with a focus on improving the performance and value of assigned product categories. Actively contribute to the development of product related business unit strategy and ensure linkage to key marketing and sales strategies.
Lead the facilitation of business unit initiatives to efficiently deliver sales performance, commercial systems management, data management, reporting, metrics, and key account management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Lead the development and execution of marketing strategies, plans and programs that support the delivery of the International Foodservice Business Unit objectives and strategies in accordance with FSBU Brand Guidelines.
a. Working with internal resources and external agencies, develop and execute new Afinoplan, including logo, packaging, positioning and go-to market tactics, to begin establishingby Grande brand awareness in new International markets, gaining alignment with leadership.
b. Manage day to day marketing activity to ensure that all brand creative, message and tactical execution are on brand and track and deliver against program objectives, budget and timing.
c. Create sales tools and materials for use in communicating, educating, and selling in business/product opportunities to International markets.
d. Oversee the development and execution of International digital strategy, including any website, SEO, digital advertising, and social media.
e. Identify and implement the most effective B2B and B2B2C marketing tactics including marketing communications, public relations efforts, digital media, segmented communications, and others as identified. Track and measure marketing tactics to ensure positive ROI ofactivities and provide ongoing recommendation to optimize ROI on forward basis. critical baseline marketing metrics.
f. Monitor market needs and landscape to develop recommendations for expanding or altering marketing mix elements, value proposition, messaging hierarchy, and business building initiatives.
2. Working closely with country targeted third-party resources and the (US) FSBU, responsible for conducting product-specific market analysis, establishing the optimal selling proposition, and developing marketing programs for existing products
a. Analyze and understand key business trends and provide recommendations to drive growth in specific product areas and/or regions.
b. Collaborate with sales analysts on product reporting needs to monitor product performance (both new and existing) on an ongoing basis, and leverage reports to identify and address issues or opportunities.
c. Responsible for specifying product regulatory requirements for current and future products by conducting market research through on-going communication with customers and industry/government resources.
d. Lead complex analysis across all aspects of the business to understand current situation and develop plans to win in the marketplace.
3. Act as Brand Advocate and Subject Matter Expert for Assigned Products and Categories
a. Act as a brand evangelist to build awareness and understanding around Afino by Grande branded products.
b. Provide input to Trademark Products and culinary teams regarding current enhancements, new product development ideas, or recipe ideas based on insights, trends and market knowledge.
c. Lead the International Foodservice Insights based selling methodology creation and implementation.
d. Work directly with Supply Chain as part of the Go to Market strategies and LT planning.
4. Work with (US) FSBU to lead compliance of data management & reporting, and strategic metrics that will enable business unit success.
a. Own the vision for Sales and Marketing systems, information, and work process to leverage Grande data into new market insights and business development opportunities.
b. Through partnership with Finance, develop and evolve effective business unit strategic planning process that provides the company with a vehicle for setting regional and total sales volume goals, priorities, and direction. Provide insight and leadership in the creation of all volume goals and forecasts.
5. Additional Requirements
a. Travel as required, expected to be at least 30% of the time (mostly international).
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that maybe assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
• Experience with and understanding of go-to-market process and marketing channel strategies.
• Cross-functional team experience with ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive results-orientation, efficiently handle time, and operate with sense of urgency; be able to develop and promote a highly collaborative environment.
• Capable of handling sophisticated situations in a changing environment, with ability to consider sophisticated decisions in a timely and thoughtful manner.
• Strong communication abilities both written and verbal; ability to communicate including international acumen with all levels of seniority effectively and professionally.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and prioritize tasks with strong time management and problem-solving skills.
Bachelors Degree or better in Marketing or related field.
5 years: Marketing and/or sales experience, preferably in the food industry required.
Bilingual skills, specifically Spanish, are desirable.