Fond du Lac
Applications are being accepted for our IT Intern position at our Fond du Lac location. The IT Intern will assist in their specific area of learning to gain credit and learn the practical function of the job by performing various duties. Under supervision of the IT CTO or delegated technical staff, the IT Intern assists IT staff to perform basic level work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES:
- Assist with help desk calls, scheduling, and tickets.
- Basic end-user support to prevent customer service delays for basic technical issues.
- Under IT staff guidance, perform computer imaging, staging and installation.
- Assist in the maintenance of IT standards and documentation.
- Under the guidance of IT staff, inventory technology equipment and software for Sadoff Iron and Metal
- Set up meetings and other items as needed to assist IT staff.
- Field work and interacting with customers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described. Knowledge of:
- Basic technical skills and aptitude to learn technology to help support ITS staff and customers.
- Appropriate English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Be organized and structured with work orders; schedule work orders in a timely manner.
- Follow verbal and written plans and technical instructions with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Prioritize projects and services to minimize user interruption and down time.
- Employ a customer service approach and present information about technical issues clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Interest or demonstrated experience with computer hardware or software.
Interpersonal-interacts effectively w/ others – Expert
Regularly sit and lift up to 15 lbs – Expert
Occasional stand, walk, reach, push, pull – Expert
Occasional kneel, crawl & lift up to 25 lbs – Expert
Listening – Expert
Organizational – Expert
Planning – Expert
Teamwork – Expert
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School/GED or better in General Studies.
Interest or demonstrated experience with computer hardware or software.
Licenses & Certifications