Fond du Lac
|Job Title||Service Desk Intern|
|Home Department:||Information Technology (IT)|
|Employment Status:||Non-Exempt; Temporary|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week during summer/ Part-time hours during the school year|
|Position Location:||Corporate office|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a Service Desk Intern, within our Information Technology department, to join us for May 2024 thru May 2025. The intern will be assisting the network team in providing first-level technical support for Society Insurance employees through our service desk, relating to various hardware, software, and operational issues.
About the Role
- Completes Service Desk operations by providing hardware and software problem identification through the use of telephone and e-mail to Society Insurance employees; responds to both repair and service requests through timely communication, frequent follow-up and detailed documentation.
- Maintains customer service by providing first-level hardware and software support as instructed by Network Team members.
- Ensures efficient and accurate handling of service requests sent into the Information Systems unit by utilizing problem tracking software to understand, specify, detail, and document the nature of each requestor’s problem.
- Contributes to overall Network Team function by completing a variety of assigned projects and duties as assigned with accuracy and timeliness.
- Assists with inventory, new employee on-boarding, and conference room set-up.
- Assists with fielding phone support resolution.
- Helps with service desk coverage and field questions.
- You are an excellent communicator and are customer focused.
- You are creative and enjoy exploring new ways of doing things.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy taking the initiative.
- You are quality-focused and take pride in your work.
- You enjoy doing multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal and use resources effectively and efficiently.
What it Will Take
- Pursuing an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status.
- Knowledge of Information Technology and Microsoft Office suite applications.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of at least one computer-related course.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.