The Journeyman Tool and Die Maker will report to the Manufacturing Engineer and works as part of the team in the tool room.
Hours: Monday – Friday 2pm-10pm
- Thorough and timely ability to repair and maintain complex progressive dies in addition to repairing and maintaining other types of dies to include troubleshooting
- Thorough and timely ability to repair and maintain molds in addition to troubleshooting mold issues
- Must have the ability to construct all types of shop tools and fixtures following blueprints, schematics, and sketches
- Must be able to operate various machine tools and equipment associated with the job
- May be required to perform layout work, fitting and assembling as the need arises
- Perform a variety of work as directed by the coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need To Succeed:
- Must have successfully completed an apprenticeship and have certification of completion and/or 8 years of experience. There is interaction with many different functions within the facility so good oral and written communication skills are important.
- Must be capable of leading, directing, and teaching employees.
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Journeyman card required.
Our jobs require:
- Standing long period, sitting, manual dexterity, stooping, bending
- Passing a pre-employment physical including a baseline test of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds
- Passing a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Benefits as an Alliance employee include:
- Retention Bonus
- Stable and growing work environment!
- Annual social events throughout the year for all employees and their families
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid vacation in your first year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Perfect Attendance Awards
- Safety Recognition Program
- Recreational sport leagues (golf, volleyball, softball, soccer, running group, etc.)
- Medical Plan with company paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 401k Plan
- 11 Company Paid Holidays
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance with option to purchase additional
- Company paid Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Annual wage increases
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.