Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Help us grow our brand by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Junior Buyer to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
- Prepare and process purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services, and supplies to meet the production schedule and customer requirements
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of purchased materials; follow-up on the status of purchase orders with suppliers to ensure timely delivery; expedite material as needed, and communicate status of orders with internal customers
- Effective communication with suppliers regarding order confirmations, order status, quotes, credits, invoice issues, and supplier performance
- Identify and execute opportunities for cost reduction, quality and process improvements
- Responsible for supplier performance tracking and leading Supplier Evaluation Committee meetings
- Provide regular updates to Production and Engineering regarding inventory status of raw materials and purchased components
- Maintain various reports and spreadsheets required by other functional areas (Production, Engineering, and Accounting)
- Manage outside service vendors by submitting and monitoring purchase orders and communicating to internal team members on order status
- Maintain various databases to ensure current and accurate information regarding inventory levels and component pricing
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
- Performance based competitive pay
- Benefits Package for full time employees
- 401K with a company match
- PTO, 3 weeks of vacation on start date & paid holidays
- Company provided lunches/summer incentive programs
Qualifications That Move Us!
- Degree in business, supply chain, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong work ethic – must be a self-starter and willing to do what it takes to complete the task
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and execute tasks with a high attention to detail
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel) proficiency; ERP experience preferred
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.