Ripon College is seeking applications for a Junior Designer as part of their Marketing and Communications Office. This person will work with the marketing team and institution to help support the College’s brand and visual identity. This is a unique opportunity for an early to mid-career, talented designer to work with a small, dedicated team to establish and execute upon a design vision for one of America’s distinguished liberal arts colleges.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications and in close collaboration with the Senior Art Director, this position will help develop communication vehicles for the overall brand, with a particular focus on supporting the alumni/development, athletics and academic departments. Collaboratively, they will be involved in executing the day-to-day visual representation across all mediums. The yearly starting salary range is between $42,000 -$45, 000.
● Support and execute the College’s brand and identity in partnership with the Marketing team.
● Work with various campus constituencies — with a particular focus on alumni/development, athletics and the arts — to create brand-consistent and informative. communication pieces for digital, print, and broadcast mediums.
● Under the direction of the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Senior Art Director, work across all multichannel designs to ensure they remain on brand.
● Participate in regular marketing and communications team strategy sessions, supporting the design experience and assisting in executing an overall integrated marketing plan.
● Oversee the work of student workers as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of direct or comparable experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, composition and effective use of typography.
- Print production and vendor management knowledge preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with experience in supporting multichannel campaigns.
- Experience in executing a brand identity across several channels.
- Multimedia concept and design experience including but not limited to collateral, print digital, video, social, environmental, and web.
- Proficient in Creative Cloud programs such as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop,
experience in Adobe XD and/or Premier is a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a professional team required.
Can operate independently and has the ability to manage projects.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required.
- Successful file management and organizational skills are required.
- Professional experience in a nonprofit, higher education, or a similarly structured setting is preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, deadlines, and daily changes; a self starter that has the ability to take a concept to reality.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, online portfolio, and contact information for three professional references addressed to the search chairperson Shawn Karsten, Vice President for Advancement, Marketing and Communications and Chief of Staff. The cover letter should outline how your background matches the responsibilities of this position. These materials should be emailed to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and adheres to non-
discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Ripon College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.