- Performs the loading and unloading of lab specimens from automated and non-automated instrumentation, as well as perform various waived testing.
- Assists in problem requisitions/specimens.
- May orient new hires.
- Assists customers including answering phones and responding to customer inquiries.
- Collects, labels, processes and preserves blood, urine and other specimens according to established laboratory procedures.
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in the appropriate laboratory and electronic medical record system.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- May update statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules processing runs.
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing.
- Identifies patients using two identifiers.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties including admission activities, insurance verification, order entry processing and medical record processing.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of experience and education
- One year experience in a laboratory setting
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.