Fond du Lac
Grande Cheese Company is a family owned enterprise built on a tradition, quality and outstanding performance. We are dedicated to our cultural pride, professional excellence and to the dignity and respect of our Associates.
- Perform laboratory tests on various products including dairy and environmental samples.
- Responsible for providing accurate test results using predetermined, approved methods of analysis and ensuring that results are communicated to our internal customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate in the support of internal and external programs, such as SQF and lab certifications, with activities such as data analysis, audit scheduling, calibration, SOP development, lab efficiencies and documentation reviews.
- Laboratory Testing Perform tests and analyses accurately and timely on samples of dairy products: Follow test procedures using reference methods, such as AOAC or Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, and others as required. Tests to include: Moisture and salt analysis, butterfat, proteins, total solids, pH, titratable acidity, various bacteriological testing, inhibitory substances, sample preparation, environmental and other tests as directed. Commissions, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as microscopes, pH meter, protein analysis equipment, milk/whey/cheese component analysis equipment, automated titration equipment, laboratory balances and other equipment. Troubleshoot basic equipment and testing procedures Perform routine calibration and maintenance on laboratory equipment. Organize and prepare supplies needed to complete work. Maintain a functional and clean work area. Follows all regulatory, safety, standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and good laboratory practices (GLPs)
- Recording Data & Communication of Results Effectively communicates results of testing (written and oral)Entry of results into databases, e.g. LIMS. Prepares reports, charts, and graphs for internal and external customers
- Functional Program Support (ex. SQF, Lab-specific programs), Process Improvement and Innovation Assist with the completion of functional program activities that may include: Data Analysis. Auditing/Inspections. Root Cause Analysis and CAPASOP/SSOP Development. Testing/Sampling (environmental, air, water)Documentation Review & Maintenance. Calibration of Equipment. Collaborate with the management team to find new and creative ways to maximize job efficiency, cost containment and reduction efforts, streamline documentation processes, implement and utilize new technology, and/or improve information reporting and communication. Independently search for, recommend, and implement process and method improvements that maximize administrative efficiencies and eliminate process redundancy, manual data entry, and unnecessary paperwork
- Additional Requirements
- May assist in development and maintenance of quality programs.
- May assist in monitoring surveillance programs.
- May assist in food safety and quality project initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- Associate Degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred. Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or other related discipline required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- One (1) or more years of related work experience preferred.
- Good analytical, math, and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Prior history of actual lab bench time experience and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of proper laboratory techniques, whether by job experience or prior education.
- Lab Analyst Milk and Cream Tester HACCP Certification preferred
Associates Degree or better in Microbiology.
Bachelors Degree or better in Microbiology.