Category Allied Health
Department – CHEMISTRY
Job Type Full time
It’s more than a career, it’s a calling.WI-St. Agnes Hospital
Job Summary:Under the general direction of the Laboratory Supervisor or Manager, Non-Certified Lab Technicians perform routine and complex technical laboratory analyses in a dedicated laboratory department (Microbiology, Chemistry, or Molecular) using established procedures and protocols. Performs chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of patients. Must have applicable training if working across multiple interdependent departments in the laboratory.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood tests to more complex tests.
- Assesses specimens for correct handling and quality.
- Confirms the accuracy of test results and reports findings to physicians.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision instruments.
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Performs periodic maintenance and assists with the calibration of instruments.
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains competencies and continuing education to keep informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Physical, or Biological Science
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Work Shift: Variable Shift (United States of America)
Job Type: Employee
Department: 3402000197 CHEMISTRY
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.