This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students
by leading all line cooks who are responsible for preparing food for service and helping to make
sure the kitchen stays clean, tidy, and operational.
1. Oversee and help with the preparation of food for cooking and serving.
a. Washing and peeling fruits and vegetables
b. Marinating meat
c. Preparing sauces
2. Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh.
3. Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients.
4. Bake, grill, steam, and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, and other foods.
5. Present, garnish, and arrange final dishes.
6. Occasionally serve food.
7. Assists with receipt of deliveries.
8. Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
9. Maintain a clean, sanitized, and safe work station (including utensils, equipment, and
dishes) following all Marian University and regulatory rules and procedures.
10. Completes cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules and dishwashing/pot
washing as needed.
11. Maintain food safety and sanitation standards.
12. Prepare ingredients and supplies each day, which includes checking inventories and the
quality of the supplies received.
13. Ensure dates and temperatures are checked, and that stock is rotated to be in the line with
the use-by dates for optimum quality.
14. Ensure that each station is stocked with the necessary equipment.
15. Verify all work stations are clean and meet sanitary regulations at all time.
16. Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
17. Complies with all HACCP policies and procedures.
18. Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
19. Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
20. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
21. Assists with orienting new employees to their work area.22. Ensure that all regulations and standards of health and safety are met at all times, and that
the kitchen remains hygienic.
23. Informs supervisor immediately of any equipment malfunctions or breaks down or if any
safety or sanitation hazards are suspected or exist.
24. Assists in training new employees, as requested by supervisor.
25. Attends department meetings and in-service programs, as required.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma with at least 3 years of experience.
2. Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict
3. Ability to interact politely and resolve customer service issues.
4. Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
5. Skills in basic math computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
6. Ability to exercise good judgement and decisions in an expeditious manner.
7. Skilled at setting a good example for others.
8. Ability to concentrate and focus in a noisy environment.
9. Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
10. Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University.
1. Guest Services: 1 year
2. Food Service: 1 year
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three
references to email@example.com. Please use “Lead Cook” in the subject line of
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University
is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined
together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and
reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.