Fond du Lac
Come work for a family owned company where people and culture matter! Our Truck Drivers transport materials to and from customers in a professional, safe, and timely manner. This role requires a commitment to maintaining high standards of professionalism and safety while delivering exceptional customer service. We offer a Monday through Friday schedule where you can be home every night and stable work throughout the winter!
We offer a great benefit package including:
Health Insurance, Dental and Vision
Paid Time off after 90 Days
9 Paid Holidays
401k with a company contribution
And much more!
- Safe Operation: Safely operate a commercial truck, following traffic laws and company policies, and employing defensive driving techniques to ensure the safety of oneself, passengers, and other road users while adhering to hours-of-service regulations.
- Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance: Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the vehicle and its components, and report any mechanical issues to ensure proper functionality, minimize downtime and compliance with maintenance requirements.
- Cargo Handling and Delivery: Load and unload cargo, secure it properly, and follow delivery schedules and routes to ensure timely and accurate delivery to designated locations, verifying the accuracy of cargo documentation, and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Communication and Customer Service: Provide professional and courteous communication with dispatchers, customers, and other stakeholders, addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring customer satisfaction, while reporting any customer feedback or concerns.
- Compliance and Regulation: Adhere to transportation and safety regulations, including those related to vehicle weight limits, hazardous materials, and driving restrictions, and undergo required training to maintain relevant certifications and licenses.
- Emergency Response and Reporting: Respond appropriately to emergencies, accidents, or breakdowns, following company protocols and notifying appropriate authorities if needed, while promptly reporting any incidents, accidents, or violations to the appropriate channels as required.
- Follow safety protocols and procedures to minimize the risk of accidents or injuries. This includes wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), securing loads properly, and operating the truck in a safe manner.
- Stop truck at predetermined locations and collect metals or refuse from waste containers, such as bins or dumpsters. May be required to manually load the refuse into the truck or operate automated lifting mechanisms.
- Stop truck at predetermined locations and deliver metals or refuse from containers, such as bins, dumpsters, or trailers. May be required to manually unload the material off the truck or operate automated lifting mechanisms.
- Extensive knowledge of FMCSA/DOT regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of operation of hydraulic lugger, rolloff, and end dump trailers.
- Ability to train others in safe operation of our trucks & equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to understand instructions, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain records.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Ability to act as a team player.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems.
- Ability to negotiate and settle differences quickly and peacefully.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Ability to complete safety awareness training.
- Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to handle materials and equipment in a responsible manner.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
- At least two years of related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A Commercial Motor Vehicle License
- Clean motor vehicle record
- CDL Hazardous Materials Endorsement
- Certification as a Tier 1 CDL driver
- Pass & maintain a DOT physical exam
- Must be able to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Able to complete physically demanding work.
- Good hand-eye-foot coordination and sense of balance.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the entire body. This will include climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, carrying, and stooping.
- Able to work long periods including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to meet DOT physical requirements.
Visual & Audio Options
- Must be able to visually inspect vehicles.
- Excellent depth perception and reaction time.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment for eye/ear.
Dexterity & Acuity Options
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to maintain single task focus and situational awareness.
Weather Related Options
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the plant.
- May work in a variety of weather including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to operate vehicles in all weather conditions and terrains.
Licenses & Certifications