Fond du Lac
Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for Machine Operators seeking an environment to learn and grow while helping us take play to a higher level. We have full time positions available on third shift 8:00pm to 6:30am Monday through Thursday with overtime available.
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
What you’ll do –
This role helps us deliver high-quality play and playground equipment to communities around the world by:
- Setting up and operating multiple machines and equipment, including punch presses, tube benders, saws, rope cutting equipment, drill presses, pin press, brake press, iron worker, overhead crane, router, bundle saws and CNC machines
- Reading prints and job orders to determine product specifications and producing parts to correct requirements
- Inspecting materials prior to cutting, bending or drilling to ensure they meet the Burke Built Quality standards
While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and be able to reach with your hands and arms. On a regular basis, we will need you to be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and be able to stand for up to 8-10 hours.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills and develop with a growing company. What’s in it for you?
- Performance based competitive pay
- Ten percent shift premium for third shift
- Benefits Package for full time employees
- 401K with a company match
- PTO, 3 weeks of vacation on start date & paid holidays
- Company provided lunches/summer incentive programs
- $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Qualifications That Move Us!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic to Intermediate Math Skills
- Ability to follow direction and safe operating procedures
- Ability to work independently, be detail oriented and mechanically inclined
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.