Job ID: R91831
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: Fond du Lac – 210 Wisconsin American Dr
Fond Du Lac, WI 54937
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours Per Week: 40
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
(4) 10 hour days, Tues through Friday most likely, with rotating holidays and weekends approximately every three months. Possibility of second shift exists, but position we are looking for is expected to be first shift.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, doors, fans, boilers, heat exchangers and controls.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs patient care equipment such as beds, carts, tables, blood pressure devices, surgery equipment, etc.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical/electrical systems such as pneumatic tube, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, piped medical gas, specialized water systems etc.
- Assists with monitoring utility systems to ensure full and efficient operations.
- Performs other routine to moderately complex general maintenance functions in the areas of facility and grounds maintenance, such as carpentry, painting, and snow removal.
- Computes job costs and order parts, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Maintains current daily logs, preventive maintenance records and equipment repair files in order to comply with local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Assists in construction, remodeling and maintenance projects.
- Conducts preventive maintenance and performs equipment safety checks.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Mechanic Education and Certification for Healthcare (MECH) issued by the Wisconsin Healthcare Engineering Association (WHEA) needs to be obtained within 3 years, and
- A valid drivers license issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- High School Graduate.
- No experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Current driving record that meets Aurora fleet safety standards.
- Knowledge and basic proficiency in electricity, plumbing, HVAC, steam fitting, soldering, carpentry, fabricating, and groundskeeping.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to problem solve.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, bend, twist, climb and reach above shoulders at least 50% of the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 15 lbs from floor to overhead.
- lift up to 50 lbs from floor to chest-level.
- lift and carry up to 50 lbs at waist height a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 50 lbs of force.
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and radiation hazards. Therefore, protective clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Temperature in working environment varies from (-10) to 90 degrees and atmosphere often contains fumes, odors and dust.
- Position requires travel. May be exposed to road and weather hazards.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Aurora Health Care is the largest health system in Wisconsin and a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. The state’s largest private employer, the system serves patients across 17 hospitals, more than 70 pharmacies and more than 150 sites of care. Aurora Health Care, in addition to Advocate Health Care in Illinois and Atrium Health in the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama, is now part of Advocate Health, the third-largest nonprofit, integrated health system in the United States. Committed to providing equitable care for all, Advocate Health provides nearly $5 billion in annual community benefits.