This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, fixing and maintaining machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings. This individual will paint, repair flooring, and work on plumbing, electrical, air-conditioning, and heating systems. In the event of an emergency this position may be called to support necessary tasks in association with that emergency. The general responsibilities of the position include those listen below, but other responsibilities of the position.
- Fire inspections – Ext
- Sprinkler inspections
- Back flow inspections
- Elevator inspections
- Boiler inspections
- Scheduling of work orders
- Working with outside contractors/Quotes
- Maintains energy usage and makes recommendations for improvements
- May work with a snow removal, plowing, and salting as needed.
- Inspect and monitor building and grounds (A.D.A. Fire Safety).
- Handle complaints, issues, improvement projects as needed.
- Troubleshoot and respond to after-hours issues as needed.
- Perform maintenance service or repairs in one or more skill areas, including minor plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installations, or vehicle servicing.
- Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
- May be required to assist with special events.
- May drive a cart or other vehicle.
- Assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
- May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
- May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- May order replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
- Strong understanding of HVAC controls, boilers, chillers, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. With both electronic and pneumatic controls.
- Maintain sensors, thermostats, valves, activator and other HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned – 5%
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to prepare engineering documents, specifications and cost estimates for projects.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of facilities services including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, utility operations, building maintenance, carpentry and finish work.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lead and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to repair and maintain appliances and heating and cooling equipment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Maintenance Lead” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by June 24, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.