Location: Waupun, WI, US
SUMMARY: Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures and pipe and electrical systems in the manufacturing and office facilities by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High proficiency on all mechanical repairs required in the plant.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Troubleshoot machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with team members and supervisor.
- Basic electrical trouble shooting on plant and facility equipment.
- Understanding of all operations throughout the manufacturing process.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
- Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various form, logs and computer systems. Ensures appropriate and timely communication between departments.
- Monitors equipment for specification using but not limited to the following types of gages, scales, check off sheets and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper settings, and speeds, cycle times, and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Operates overhead hoists, forklifts and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which include but are not limited to boxes, barrels, bins, and bulk packs.
- Utilizes data to determine conforming product. Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination. Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, operates industrial forklift and or electric hoist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings according to preventative maintenance program. Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines. Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion. Replaces or repairs machine belts.
- Changes light bulbs and exit light fixtures.
- Reads and understands machine blueprints, schematics special instructions, as required. Records information for inspection and maintenance using various form, logs and computer systems. Ensures appropriate and timely communication between departments.
- Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Ability to read interprets and follow all safety rules and regulations while perform operations. Including but not limited to confined space program.
- Cuts and threads pipe, cuts openings in walls, ceilings and floors for pipes, seals pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Reads and understands production schedules.
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adheres to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by the management systems.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Certification from a vocational school or trade school in industrial repair is preferred. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric system.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work independently yet be an effective team player. Operator must have above average mechanical ability. Operator must obtain forklift license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.