Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Since Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC) was founded in 1845, the Company has grown to become a world leader in each of our product categories: propulsion, fitness , and boat. Brunswick Corporation is a publicly held company listed on the New York and Chicago stock exchanges, with sales over $4.1 billion annually. While we are family to 13,000 employees around the world, three divisions in over 30 countries create a local environment. Our global headquarters is located in the Chicago suburb of Lake Forest, Illinois.
A Division of Brunswick Corporation, Mercury Marine is the world’s #1 recreational marine-engine maker and marketer by sales volume. Fueled by our passion for the water and our customer’s boating experience, we provide the most reliable and intuitive propulsion solutions. We build sterndrive propulsion systems, including inboard and outboard engines under the Mercury MerCruiser, Mercury Racing, Zeus, and other brand names; and marine parts and accessories under brands like Quicksilver and Kellogg Marine Supply. Mercury Marine operates mainly in North America and the Asia/Pacific region.
By the end of your apprenticeship you will be responsible directly to the maintenance Supervisor for:
- Quality and quantity of product
- Completion of all assigned tasks
- Tools and equipment
- Adherence to all Company policies
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- During your apprenticeship you will learn how to:
- Trouble-shoot, re-build and repair all plant equipment as to pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and minor electrical malfunctions
- Move and install plant machinery and equipment
- Hook up utilities to plant equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on all plant machinery and equipment as needed
- Perform carpentry and plumbing work as directed
- Perform sheet metal work for the construction of guards, ducting, spouts, etc.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the functions and operations of all plant equipment and machinery in order to provide effective operation and efficient maintenance
- Operate simple mills and lathes in order to make replacement parts and repairs on plant equipment
- Give detailed descriptions related to troubleshooting and repair of equipment on a PC based system
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Past technical education such as Tool and Die, or CNC Machining courses, and/or prior work experience in the related field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status recognized under applicable law.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.