It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
The main role of this position is to lead a group of skilled trades and support personnel in maintaining the plant and equipment in a high-paced stainless steel investment casting facility. Manufacturing functions include Pattern Wax, Shell-room, Pouring Floor, Knockout/Blast, Machining, and Finishing Operations within Mercury Marine’s Plant 98 Foundry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns and directs the work of maintenance employees and assists in troubleshooting/diagnosing issues around equipment.
- Reviews and approves workmanship of maintenance employees.
- Develops training plans for maintenance employees and analyzes employees’ ability to perform at rated capacity.
- Orders material required for construction, repairs or installation or equipment, buildings or grounds.
- Analyzes equipment, building or grounds problems and schedules corrections as required by maintenance programs.
- Installs and maintains preventive maintenance programs.
- Coordinates machinery maintenance work to provide trouble free operation and eliminate down time.
- Conducts all work in accordance with company regulations related to safety factors for employees and equipment.
- Review and approve hours worked in Kronos timekeeping system and maintains records for employee benefits, work attendance, including compensations, attendance, vacation, etc.
- Works independently to make decisions to support production and equipment up-time.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Knowledge of Plant, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of plant and machinery operation
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance techniques, schematics, and part specifications.
- Supervision skills
- Working knowledge of metal fabrication, foundry operations, and robotics
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Record keeping skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate team members.
- Understanding of connected operations maintenance and manufacturing measurement systems
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-4 years of prior Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in plant maintenance preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.