Provide Preventative, Predictive maintenance. Electrical, Mechanical, troubleshooting, repair, rebuild, replace in kind of components and parts. Additional details of related skills needed at pre-defined maintenance tech levels can be found in the Maintenance Technician Skills Matrix. Primary focus is to maintain manufacturing equipment to insure safety, quality and production standards are met.
Opportunity to earn up to $80,000 per year + $5,000 sign on bonus
3rd Shift 10pm to 6 am Sunday-Thursday
Persnickety People. Exceptional Cheese. Come join our Maintenance Team!
You are inquisitive by nature; you have a drive to solve problems and improve on processes. You do not need constant direction and thrive in a team environment. You understand the need to solicit feedback and understanding how your decisions impact the plant floor and the bottom line. You are known for your ability to lead change, problem solve and sustain projects. You are driven by the need to continue your education in your profession.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment taking appropriate safety precautions and measures.
- Strict housekeeping of work area in shop and assigned tasks throughout facility.
- GMP knowledge and practice at all times.
- Pride and ownership in task and job performed.
- Follow established maintenance excellence processes and required standards of excellence.
- Utilize the predictive maintenance diagnostic tools and procedures provided, interpreting and documenting results. Taking appropriate measures to prevent failure.
- Maintain, systematically troubleshoot, repair and replace in-kind, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic parts primarily for manufacturing equipment.
- Job task assignments and tasks will be performed through the computerized maintenance management system.
- Optimize and refine PMs based on findings, such as; frequency, task list, etc.
- Provide support for opposing shifts, maintenance related activity or projects.
- Daily interaction with production team related items as needed.
- Share any newly learned discoveries pertinent to repair or troubleshooting techniques that will assist team to respond more efficiently and safely.
- Communicating and conversing professionally and technically with maintenance, operations, engineering and other resources to solving machine related issues and taking appropriate steps keeping equipment in peak operational condition.
Your Education and Experience.
- An Associate degree in a technical discipline or a journey worker credential in an accredited technical discipline required.
- Additional electrical and mechanical on the job training demonstrated skill set preferred.
- SAP knowledge and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Additional educational courses will be required as needed to sustain departmental/individual technological levels and licenses; continued education
- Requires a high level of proficiency and mental as well as physical alertness.
- Ability to work independently with resourcefulness, originality and initiative.
- Understanding of functional criteria for control systems, power systems, and electronic device selection.
- Soft skills, interacting, positive reinforcement, teamwork, we not me attitude, highly cooperative, attentive, leading by example, etc.
- Skills and competencies further defined in attached functional expectations for this position.
- To maintain and stay current as well as comply with State of Wisconsin license criteria for Industrial Electrician, Journeymen Maintenance Technicians must attend specified hours in relevant and accepted CEUs for electrical codes and safety.
Benefits that set us apart.
- Comprehensive medical including Fertility, Adoption benefits, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Onsite Health & Wellness Center: includes a nurse practitioner, licensed physical therapist, dietitian, personal trainer, and health coach, care coordinator and work-life mentor
- Employer 401K contribution in the top 1% of the nation
- Tuition Assistance
- Access to Employee Store
With over 2,400+ employees and net sales of $1.8 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 75 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
To learn more about our culture and values, please visit our website at https://careers.sargento.com/us/en. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities