2ND, 2p – 10p
You will provide preventative and predictive maintenance including electrical, mechanical, troubleshooting, repair, rebuild, and replacing components and parts. Your primary focus is to maintain manufacturing equipment to ensure safety, quality, and production standards are met.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment taking appropriate safety precautions and measures.
- Always maintain GMP knowledge and execute GMP practices. Strict housekeeping (including tool reconciliation) of all work areas essential throughout facility.
- Take pride and ownership in task and job performed while ensuring operational safety, plant performance and line uptime are optimized.
- Follow established maintenance processes and required standards of excellence.
- Utilize the predictive maintenance diagnostic tools and procedures provided, interpreting and documenting results. Taking appropriate measures to prevent failure.
- Maintain, systematically troubleshoot, repair, and replace in-kind, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic parts primarily for manufacturing equipment.
- Job task assignments and tasks will be performed through the computerized maintenance management system.
- Complete work order assignments within the given amount of time directed. Report any need for deviation through proper channels.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement initiatives and Root Cause Analysis is essential. Research and suggest improvements based on recognized repetitive failure or substandard manufacturing practices, environment compatibility, etc. are expected.
- Optimize and refine PMs based on findings, such as frequency, task list, etc.
- Provide support for opposing shifts, maintenance related activity or projects.
- Daily interaction with production team related items as needed.
- Share any newly learned discoveries pertinent to repair or troubleshooting techniques that will assist team to respond more efficiently and safely.
- Assist in the training of Maintenance Apprentices, Machine Specialists, and other Sargento employees including validating work performed as required.
- Communicating and conversing professionally and technically with maintenance, operations, engineering, and other resources to solving machine related issues and taking appropriate steps keeping equipment in peak operational condition.
- Expected to maintain minimum level of proficiency as defined by skills listed and evaluated for this job responsibility on the Maintenance Technician Skills Matrix.
- Expected to rotate and understand all equipment functions of the plant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or plant engineer.
Your Education and Experience.
- This position will require the individual to have, at minimum, an Associate degree in a technical discipline or a journey worker credential in an accredited technical discipline.
- Additional electrical and mechanical on the job training demonstrated skill sets preferred.
- SAP knowledge and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Additional educational courses will be required as needed to sustain departmental/individual technological levels and licenses
Benefits that set us apart.
- Comprehensive medical including Fertility, Adoption benefits, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Onsite Health & Wellness Center: includes a nurse practitioner, licensed physical therapist, dietitian, personal trainer, and health coach, care coordinator and work-life mentor
- Employer 401K contribution in the top 1% of the nation
- Tuition Assistance
- Access to Employee Store
With over 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.5 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 65 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.