Manager of Vertical Industry Communications and Analyst Relations
Apply Job ID 25373 Date posted Mar. 01, 2023
Quad is looking for a talented Manager of Vertical Industry Communications and Analyst Relations to join the External Communications team and execute the company’s integrated marketing approach to strategic communications for Quad and several of its subsidiaries.
This person will work in concert with business leaders to identify and highlight Quad’s unique position in vertical industries with a focus on fintech/financial; healthcare; direct-to-consumer; packaging and sustainability. This person will focus on driving market awareness for Quad in these sectors and with external stakeholders and industry analysts. They’ll support sales, growth and recruitment by further differentiating Quad from competitors. They’ll need strong project management and organizational skills and will work with agency partners on news, stories and campaigns for external and internal audiences. They will need strong presentation and relationship-development skills to reach, engage and connect with a variety of audiences.
This position reports to the vice president of External Communications.
- Meet with internal Subject Matter Experts to source and strategize vertical industry storylines, innovations, and customer momentum – then develop and execute coordinated, multi-channel communications plans.
- Secure earned media including feature stories, bylines, speaking engagements and awards.
- Build, maintain and enhance relationships with key analysts at Gartner, Forrester and other advisory firms; and with key reporters, media outlets and industry influencers.
- Develop annual /quarterly and monthly media reports to highlight campaign results.
- Secure panel and speaking opportunities within analyst events and programs.
- Work closely with colleagues in Product Marketing to help manage and scale narratives aligned to their marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with agency team to develop compelling storytelling, messaging and content.
- Drive innovative, preemptive media and analyst campaigns and feature storytelling across verticals.
- Implement innovative ways to approach Quad and other industry events and support multi-channel program areas.
Minimum Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a self-starter, nimble, confident and with an ambition to identify fresh opportunities and drive innovative communications for Quad. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4+ years of experience in media relations, industry analyst relations
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and reporting communications plans, programming and results.
- Creative approaches to drive communications results
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Team-oriented and committed to collaboration.
- Ability to solve challenges with a can-do attitude; demonstrates positive energy and resilience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Adept at injecting ideas, innovation and leading industry developments into planning assignments.
- Able to guide others in plan execution.
- Demonstrates an ability to be curious and passionate about our business.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Stellar written and verbal skills, with ability to present to marketing leadership and eventually executive team, maintain correspondence and internal documentation.
- Thinks clearly and diplomatically when participating in a discussion to field complex or sensitive questions from internal and all external groups.
- Understating of Quad media tools, data collection, and insight development.
- Computer Skills/Software Knowledge: Microsoft Suite, Social Tracking tools (Cision, MuckRack, Meltwater, Onclusive or similar).
- Manage projects, resources, stakeholders, and participants.
- Be a resource to others in developing communication recommendations.