Saputo Cheese USA Inc. seeks a Manager, Technical Services who will be responsible for playing an integral role within the organization, serving as a coordinator between Operations, Sales, Customers and Technical Services functions to drive growth, optimization, and technology scouting. Will also lead the technical activity required for creating and launching new products, manufacturing improvements, and cost savings within the division.
Specific duties include the following:
• Coordinate routine product performance from each plant to monitor product consistency and flag performance deviations.
• Support Operational product development by generating trial product performance and shelf life profiles.
• Provide product and cheese process performance support to Technical Service activities by monitoring impact of process changes on product performance.
• Identify optimization areas for cheese production by recipe or equipment optimization using dairy/food science expertise.
• Evaluate, analyze, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the technical equipment, procedures and processes within the dairy manufacturing facility.
• Develop, implement, and monitor improved programs and processes, including raw material utilization, ingredient recoups, storage operations and product quality.
• Liaise directly with customers to facilitate understanding of any sensitive quality issues and customer driven new product or new business opportunities.
• Develop data bank of key customer performance criteria and product application conditions.
• Applying knowledge of cheese and dairy manufacturing, evaluate customer quality issues or product opportunities under standard and/or specific customer applications.
• Effectively communicate the nature of issues and opportunities to Operations to facilitate a rapid customer satisfaction.
• Provide feedback to Operations on product performance resulting from new product or process resulting from the customer driven changes.
• Support Sales on key account customer visits.
• Coordinate between sales and operations to ensure rapid response to Sales requests.
• Review and screen Sales sample requests to ensure appropriate attention to opportunities and to ensure the correct product/plant source.
• Pre-screen product performance prior to shipping for significant opportunities or for sensitive customers.
• Evaluate competitive product to facilitate sales driven competitor displacement opportunities.
• Develop databank of key competitor product performance attributes.
• Manage the recording of key data; keep records of research, observations, analysis, recommendations, modifications, and outcomes, using Least Cost Formula, SharePoint, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Liaise with Senior Saputo Management to facilitate effective communication of concerns, issues, and opportunities.
• Present internal performance evaluations to Senior Saputo Management.
• Support the Sales team in understanding our product benefits and applications.
• Support Sales in managing sensitive quality issues.
This position is based out of Saputo Cheese USA Inc.’s Waupun, Wisconsin facility. Employee may work remotely up to 2 days per week. 20% travel is required, primarily to Saputo plants and customers in Wisconsin.
To apply, email a résumé to Melissa Golik: email@example.com.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we’re proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in food engineering, dairy science, or closely related field and at least three years of technical cheese making experience within a dairy manufacturing facility, including assessment and implementation of new products, product improvement, and client relationship management responsibilities.
Standard employee benefits package
Melissa Golik firstname.lastname@example.org (847) 899-2047