Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Project Manager, you will provide leadership and drive execution for manufacturing projects. These projects will include new product and process launches, capital equipment purchases, equipment reconfiguration and relocation, and process automation. The Project Manager will coordinate activities of cross functional resources (Engineering, Maintenance/Support Services, Facilities, Production, Quality) to meet all project deliverables, cost targets, and timeline requirements.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Project Manager, you will Execute capital projects to purchase and install new process equipment, tooling, gauging, and automation systems.
- Create Appropriation Requests (AR) with justification and presentations as needed to secure funding for projects
- Support Indirect Procurement Department regarding vendor contracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) for equipment purchases
- Lead cross functional review of supplier proposals and supplier selection process
- Develop detailed Statements of Work (SOW’s) defining technical and functional requirements for new equipment as part of the RFP/RFQ process
- Lead team technical reviews to ensure that equipment and systems meet Mercury equipment, controls, and safety specifications
- Coordinate project activities with OEM, contractors, and internal support departments through ongoing cross functional project reviews
- Develop and maintain accurate capital forecasts for projects. Track project spending to budget. Report to Manufacturing team on project spending to forecast.
- Develop and maintain detailed project timelines and task lists.
- Conduct regular project status readiness update reviews with Management
- Ensure all equipment and systems meet runoff and validation requirements as defined in SOW per equipment approval process definition (Gage R&R / Run at Rate).
- Resolve barriers and propose solutions to technical issues
- Provide project management support to the Engineering Team on new product development activities using Mercury’s High-Performance Product Development Process (HPPD) from concept phase through start of production.
- Create and update the manufacturing team readiness for New Product HPPD gate reviews
- Participate in new product Design for Manufacturing (DFM) meetings
- Coordinate cross functional activities to drive new product build events
- Drive completion of all HPPD Deliverables (e.g. PFMEA’s, component PPAP’s, line run at rate)
- Travel as needed, estimated up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- Proven leadership ability
- 5-7 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- 3-4 years experience in project/program management
- Experience managing $5M+ capital projects
- Verbal and written skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read engineering prints and understand technical specifications
- Organizational skills necessary to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and monitor complex schedules
- Excellent problem-solving skills & ability to prioritize projects, required
- Solid P.C. skills with proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Microsoft Project
- Project Management Certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.