You, as a senior IT technical support representative and site liaison, are embedded within the manufacturing and supporting functions (Quality, Logistics), and office areas at your assigned manufacturing location(s). You are responsible for performing hands-on IT technical support duties that require a physical presence, and are a supplemental and onsite resource for the Manufacturing System Administrator and other IT functions as required. You build strong working relationships and provide a perspective and understanding of how IT systems work with end users.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Builds, installs, maintains and supports IT assets including but not limited to RF barcode scanning handheld and forklift mounted devices, desktop, laptop and tablet computers (all using pre-configured builds), outside/inside line label and barcode printers, MES, rugged smartphones, and any other I.T. related equipment needed to support manufacturing and supporting functions.
- Responds to incidents and fulfills service requests submitted by end users regarding hardware, software, networking, smartphones, and other computer-related technologies in manufacturing and supporting areas, and office areas at their assigned manufacturing location(s). Collects relevant information about incident and leads end users through diagnostic procedures to determine root cause and troubleshoots and resolves the incident. Logs and tracks incidents and service requests using the Service Desk system, and provides updates, status, and completion information to end users.
- Handles complex problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for end users. Develops and maintains technical technical documentation, processes, and procedures in the knowledge management system.
- Must be able to work scheduled hours as assigned for appropriate backup Service Desk coverage if needed, and some weekend work responsibilities to assist with system upgrades and project implementations for manufacturing systems
- Assists the Network Services team as an on-site resource for cable patching, network troubleshooting, desktop switch setup, and desk and wireless phones.
- Assists the End User Support Team (Mobility & Desktop) as an on-site resource for conference room A/V technology, kiosk iPads and smartphones.
- Assists the Digital Workplace team as an onsite resource with digital signage computers and displays, and personnel scheduler issues.
- In collaboration with the Construction Engineer, Office Management teams, and the Manufacturing System Administrator, assists with the implementation of IT related components of construction projects, new manufacturing lines and office moves at assigned manufacturing location.
- Utilizes vendor technical support systems to determine corrective action for hardware repairs. Installs or assists vendor service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components on user’s premises. Contacts vendors to request service (RMA) regarding defective products and ships defective product for repair as needed.
- Participates as an active member of the EUS Agile team to deliver value to the business.
- Responsible for responding to off-hours calls, based on a scheduled rotation, in a prompt and reasonable time to facilitate prompt problem resolution.
Your Education and Experience.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years relevant manufacturing system or desktop hardware/software technical support experience required.
- Requires experience with the installation, configuration, and support of the following: Windows and RF device operating systems (Windows CE/7/10, Android), software (Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), and Internet browsers (Internet Explorer/Edge, Chrome, Velocity) in a networked environment; RF barcode scanning handheld and forklift mounted devices, label and barcode printers, rugged smartphones, and other related manufacturing systems; ERP (SAP S/4 HANA) and Enterprise Content Management and Collaboration system desktop components (Box, Teams).
- Requires experience working in a Service Desk environment.
Benefits that set us apart.
- Comprehensive medical including Fertility, Adoption benefits, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Onsite Health & Wellness Center: includes a nurse practitioner, licensed physical therapist, dietitian, personal trainer, and health coach, care coordinator and work-life mentor
- Employer 401K contribution in the top 1% of the nation
- Tuition Assistance
- Access to Employee Store
With over 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.5 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 65 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
To learn more about our culture and values, please visit our website at https://careers.sargento.com/us/en.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.