As part of the Americas Marketing Department, the Marketing Data Analyst works closely with leadership across all business segments to inform strategic decision-making, including but not limited to insights into the market, customers, and competitors. They are responsible for strategic data and information, trend and scenario analysis, and other business analytics in support of strategic planning and execution.
The Marketing Data Analyst role is a full-time professional position that works with the Sales and Marketing organizations to collect information on markets, competitors, and customers to provide actionable recommendations to senior management. This role identifies and collects appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and/or operational data. Also, performs financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors.
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces across all business segments in the Americas’ markets.
- Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
- Conduct market research for buyer behavior insights and marketing dynamics
- Gather and analyze information on competitors. Coach and update internal team members on competitive offerings and marketing positioning
- Create and sustain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities that detail their effectiveness and business impact
- Develop models to predict future trends using existing data sets
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Support survey design and programming
- Incorporate new data into, monitor, and manage data quality within the marketing and sales databases
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, Business, Competitive Intelligence, or related field; equivalent experience will be considered
- 2-3 years professional experience. Laundry industry experience preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of market research principles and practices
- Prior experience with quantitative analysis procedures and software
- Hands on experience with CRM and data visualization tools
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; Communicate effectively and professionally across all levels of the organization and external stakeholders; Confidence in creating and delivering presentations to senior leadership
- Intellectually curious and analytical, must enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and solve problems
- Solid business acumen: able to quickly develop understanding of business models and key drivers; able to leverage this understanding to create useful, relevant reporting
- Self-starter, demonstrating proactivity, self-initiative, and tenacity
- Effective organizational skills; Ability to self-manage workload and multiple projects simultaneously while managing and meeting tight deadlines;
- Resilient; Able to confidently navigate ambiguity and change
- Systems-proficient, particularly with MS Office Suite; Salesforce, Tableau, Power BI is a plus
- Ability to as needed. On average, travel will be no more than 15% of the time
Standard and Physical Requirements:
- Position involves sitting long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending and minimal lifting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.