Exempt & Full Time
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist to join our team. This position works with external partners to grow our marketing, brand, and business presence by building relationships, working marketing events, developing marketing content and more. Having five years of marketing experience is a plus!
About the Role
- Collaborates with leadership and trade associations to build Society’s business and strengthen our partnership with key partners.
- Coordinates Society’s presence for trade association and similar partner events and sponsorships.
- Collaborates with other team members to explore and act upon market development opportunities.
- Develops and distributes marketing leads; scrub leads from partner trade associations and other third-party sources; and maintains records on the effectiveness of lead campaigns.
- Partners with department leadership in developing effective market development tactics to support growth strategies and retention on all markets.
- Develops and communicates marketing plans and recommendations to support brand strategies.
- Assists with content development.
- You easily build rapport and enjoy building relationships with others.
- You enjoy networking.
- You genuinely care about others.
- You are dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- You like to come up with new and unique ideas.
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated.
What it Will Take
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field and at least three years of marketing experience
Associates degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field and at least five years of marketing experience.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, editing, and verbal) with attention to clarity, grammar, and detail.
- Strong computer software knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media, and Internet applications).
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Occasional travel.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.