New hire retention bonus eligible position!! $500 paid after 6 months of acceptable performance, $1,500 paid after 12 months of acceptable performance!!!
This position is a first shift position. The Material Expediter prepares jobs for manufacturing by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required and availability of stock.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
- Locates and distributes materials to specified production areas.
- Quality check/measure all parts received, verifies part numbers, checks discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts, and puts into appropriate location.
- Looks for lost and missing parts.
- Pulls parts from stock.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, racks and shelves.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated production area.
- Builds pallets for shipping product to customer.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials.
- Moves production equipment between facilities.
- Pick up or deliver parts and equipment to/from vendor or customer facilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift Certification
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have good communication and organizational skills. Attention to detail is very important. Must be self-motivated.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.