Join Our Movement
BCI Burke is a growing company that designs and manufactures equipment for playgrounds, recreation, outdoor fitness and classrooms! Using research-based design, that help everyone find the best of themselves through play and movement. Founded in 1920 in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, our passion, mission and business is to bring Play That Moves You ® to the communities we serve. With hundreds of dedicated employees, BCI Burke is a leader in the recreation industry and continues the more than 100-year dedication to being a partner to parks and recreation, schools, churches, Homeowner’s Associations, childcares, Landscape Architects, and anyone who is looking to bring play and outdoor recreation to their community. Joining Our Movement as a Material Handler will give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger and grow your career with Burke!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of creativity, enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
The Role – What You’ll Do!
- Loading, unloading and moving materials in and around the production area by hand, with a forklift, mobile carts, and lifting equipment
- Maintaining inventory by identifying, labeling and placing materials and supplies in stock accurately and recording location of inventory
- Counting and recording number of units of materials moved or handled
- Accurately count warehouse inventory and provide counts to Operations Manager as needed
Qualifications That Move Us!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong attention to detail and team player with good verbal communication skills
- Able to operate forklift and pallet jacks
- Basic to Intermediate Math Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and group situations with managers, customers and team members
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for people and play!
Comprehensive medical including optional dental and vision insurance and health savings or flexible spending accounts
401(k) with match
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Summer food truck parties every week
New fitness center
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.