Location: Waupun, WI, US
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is one of the world’s largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for an Materials Analyst. The Materials Analyst plans and prepares production schedules for the manufacturing of all products to meet production schedules.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product / services, uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe and healthy environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by the management systems requirements.
- Over sees production scheduling in all production areas.
- Schedules total production in all areas to meet customer order requirements.
- Ensures that daily Internet contact is made through customer tracking mechanisms (i.e., SPIN, CMMS, SMRT) in order to verify customer requirements. Maintains daily phone contact with customers to keep current with customer needs and work schedules.
- Compiles and oversees in-plant distribution of work schedule through keeping Supervisors advised of schedule requirements and continuously maintaining the information boards in production areas.
- Works closely with Supervisors and Materials Analyst to keep informed on problems on the floor with equipment, quality, etc.
- Adjusts schedules to meet emergencies caused by extended or increased production demands.
- Access database administrative functions as needed.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Materials Analyst when absent.
- Work effectively as a team member of the Production Department.
- Available for work beyond regularly scheduled hours.
- Attendance is required.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and write English. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel. Ability to adapt to new software and upgrades. Must be independently motivated and a self-starter. Must have demonstrated follow-through skills. Must be able to maintain all information in the Human Resources office on a confidential basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.