Design Engineer to be a technical contributor to the Product Engineering group who identifies, leads, and executes design activities to improve the manufacturability of our laundry machines. Working in highly cross-functional teams, you will engineer and validate parts, assemblies, and systems that support business and sourcing strategies, meet cost and warranty targets, or resolve design issues for customers and manufacturing. Emphasis on designing for manufacturing and assembly in design solutions. This position will develop and drive qualification plans with lab technicians, quality, and manufacturing. Perform evaluation of existing tests and develop new ones to accurately assess product performance and quality. Implement changes with writing Engineering Change Notices with attention to detail and communication of changes for accurate record keeping.
This position will be based ONSITE in Ripon, WI and is not eligible for a relocation assistance.
- Design, develop and support mechanical and electrical sub-systems and components.
- Utilize 3D CAD (Creo) to design sheet metal, plastic, die cast, machined parts, and a variety of purchased parts.
- Evaluate and test designs for manufacturability, automation, performance, safety, reliability, agency and cost
- Partner with a cross functional team to identify, design and improve existing designs.
- Provide technical assistance for engineering & pilot builds.
- Write, review, and improve technical publications, test procedures and product specification.
- Release and maintain product bill of materials.
- Support production as needed.
- Assigned to teams to develop products from concept to production using structured qualification plans.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or other relevant field required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least 3 years of design engineering related experience
- Experience in the design and troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems, especially in the area of fluid flow, thermal systems, motors and drives, bearings, controls, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a project team environment
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on business priorities
- Familiar with family tables, large assembly management, sheet metal, and plastics/castings, use and understanding of relations, layering
- Previous experience in the appliance industry is desirable
- Hands on contributor with strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex problems using non-technical terms
- Work under minimal direction and guided by project objectives
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes including automation
- Good working knowledge of PC applications. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Creo and Wind-chill experience is highly desirable
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.