Join Our Movement!
BCI Burke is a growing company that designs and manufactures equipment for playgrounds, recreation, outdoor fitness and classrooms! Using research-based design, that help everyone find the best of themselves through play and movement. Founded in 1920 in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, our passion, mission and business is to bring Play That Moves You ® to the communities we serve. With hundreds of dedicated employees, BCI Burke is a leader in the recreation industry and continues the more than 100-year dedication to being a partner to parks and recreation, schools, churches, Homeowner’s Associations, childcares, Landscape Architects, and anyone who is looking to bring play and outdoor recreation to their community. Joining Our Movement as a Mechanical Designer will give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger and grow your career with Burke!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
The Role – What You’ll Do!
- Design and develop product line improvements for functionality, improved safety/quality, and cost reduction efforts
- Design and develop innovative, new playground components/systems and customize existing products to meet customer design requirements
- Develop, manage, and execute project plans, timelines, and budgets to bring new products from concept to production including hands-on prototype development
- Develop 3D CAD models, product specifications, bills of materials, product costs, shop drawings, installation instructions, and marketing release information for new products
- Analysis of mechanical components, verifying the strength and durability of materials and designs
- Work with a variety of sources, both internal and external to develop innovative, cost effective, manufacturable product designs
- Communicate with all levels of the organization including presenting information to managers, manufacturer reps, customers, and other employees
Qualifications That Move Us!
- 1 to 3 years of experience designing, developing, and launching new mechanical products and a proven track record of project management
- Proficient in 3D CAD software (Autodesk Inventor a plus), AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; preferably in Mechanical Engineering or another related technical degree
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, analyze, draw valid conclusions, and then implement solutions
- Strong organizational and follow up skills, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and solid written/verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external team members
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for people and play!
Comprehensive medical including optional dental and vision insurance and health savings or flexible spending accounts
401(k) with match
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Summer food truck parties every week
New fitness center
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.