Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
- Design and develop product line improvements for functionality, improved safety/quality, and cost reduction efforts
- Design and develop innovative, new playground components/systems and customize existing products to meet customer design requirements
- Develop, manage, and execute project plans, timelines, and budgets to bring new products from concept to production including hands-on prototype development
- Develop 3D CAD models, product specifications, bills of materials, product costs, shop drawings, installation instructions, and marketing release information for new products
- Analysis of mechanical components, verifying the strength and durability of materials and designs
- Work with a variety of sources, both internal and external to develop innovative, cost effective, manufacturable product designs
- Communicate with all levels of the organization including presenting information to managers, manufacturer reps, customers, and other employees
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
Qualifications That Move Us!
- 1 to 3 years of experience designing, developing, and launching new mechanical products and a proven track record of project management
- Proficient in 3D CAD software (Autodesk Inventor a plus), AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; preferably in Mechanical Engineering or another related technical degree
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, analyze, draw valid conclusions, and then implement solutions
- Strong organizational and follow up skills, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and solid written/verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external team members
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.