Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a full-time Mechanical Designer to work in our Manufacturing Engineering Department at the Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
• Assist with developing and maintaining bills of materials, manufacturing routings, product costs, installation instructions, product specifications, and 2D & 3D CAD models for both new and existing products
• Works with Customer Service and Quality in solving product related quality problems or field concerns
• Support the design, development, and customization of new playground components and existing products to meet customer design requirements
• Assists with improving the functionality, safety and quality of our products and support cost reduction efforts
• Complete Change Requests to determine the affected parts and evaluate the impact of the required changes on products and processes.
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and produce graphical work instructions
• Participates in continuous improvement activities
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills and develop with a growing company. But there’s more…
- Performance based competitive pay
- Benefits Package for full time employees
- Health, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Critical Illness, Accident, and Voluntary Life
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement plan/401K with a company match
- PTO and 3 weeks of vacation on start date
- Paid holidays
- Company provided lunches & summer incentive programs
Qualifications That Move Us!
• Associates degree from a 2-year college or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably developing and maintaining BOMs, shop floor drawings, manufacturing routings, and product costs
• Good mechanical aptitude and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and 2D AutoCAD, experience with 3D modeling software preferred
• Resourceful, organized with a high attention to detail
• Self-motivated and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.