Fond du Lac
(Immediate Benefits) 35 Hours/Week
Job ID R0080790
Are you interested in working in the healthcare industry? Ready to make a career out of making a difference? As an entry level Plasma Center Technician at BioLife, you will receive on-the-job training and feel good about the work you do.
Life-saving work you can believe in.
Every day, the donors you meet will motivate you. The high-quality plasma you collect will become life-changing medicines. Here, a commitment to customer service and quality is expected.
A typical day for you may include:
- Exceptional Customer Service: Answer phones, and greet and focus on our donors, while ensuring the safety of donors and our team.
- Medical History Records: You’ll use your attention to detail to screen new and repeat donors and take and record donor vital signs and finger stick results. You will use our Donor Information System, prepare donor charts, maintain accurate records, and coordinate donor compensation.
- Continuous Improvement: You will help to identify operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiate changes to center processes, as needed, through the use of company approved procedures.
- Supportive Teamwork: You’ll work in our fast-paced, team environment; ensure a clean and professional work environment; attend team meetings; work closely with your management team; and problem-solve together.
- Being Dependable: You’ll be there for our donors, which includes working a variety of shifts, Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
- Phlebotomy: You may learn how to install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot state-of-the-art plasmapheresis machines while ensuring the safety of our donors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to walk and/or stand for the entire work shift
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lean, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach above shoulders and below knees
- Ability to lift up to 5 lbs., and occasional lifting of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
- Fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment from a distance
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear
- Experience working in food service, retail, hospital, lab, or a regulated environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced workplace
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.