Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick, based in Wisconsin offers a unique, fun and rewarding work environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance in the Marine segment of the recreational industry. Mercury’s work environment is fast-paced, competitive and high-energy.
The HR Generalist, you will support our fast-paced, diverse and varied Wisconsin based Manufacturing Facilities, operating out of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. This individual will be a key member of the operations management team and will support employees in the manufacturing operation, including salaried and hourly team members, in a variety of HR responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all Human Resources activities for the operation ensuring alignment and consistency with broader business and departmental objectives.
- Coach and advise operations leaders with candor, honesty, respect and tact.
- Develop strong business relationships with all business functions you support.
- Be responsible for implementing and coordinating policies and programs usually covering all of the following: recruitment, employee relations, and employee welfare, employee development and organizational design.
- Manage the grievance process; administer the collective bargaining agreement; provide counsel and support in the interpretation / application of contractual language.
- Provide leadership / assistance to plant efforts in ensuring market competitiveness and in fostering a culture of continuous improvement, engagement and accountability
- Analyze key performance metrics such as absenteeism to determine employee relations climate and make recommendations for improvement. Develop programs to improve employee engagement and operational efficiency.
- Maintain knowledge of employment and labor law. Communicate with legal counsel as/when necessary. Advise management on legal matters.
- Investigates employee complaints, inappropriate conduct, and performance issues and recommends and issues disciplinary action when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or another business-related field
- 1-4 years of human resources experience in a manufacturing environment with a thorough knowledge in all Human Resources generalist functions (e.g., Employee Relations, Employment law, Compensation and Benefits, Training, etc.)
- Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal and analytical skills with a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision making, organizational and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to overcome unforeseen obstacles
- Exercises sound judgment and discretion in the collection and dissemination of information; ensures that highly sensitive, proprietary and confidential information is released to only those authorized
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to courteously and effectively address sensitive and confidential information by telephone, in writing, and in face-to-face contacts with the public and associates at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience supporting a Human Resources Department
- Familiarity with Human Resource Information Systems, particularly Kronos and Workday
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.