Fond du Lac, WI Full time
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Mercury Marine a Division of Brunswick Corporation
Co-op Dates: January 9th 2023 – August 18, 2023 & May 22, 2023 – December 15, 2023
As an Industrial Design Co-op – you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified industrial design, UX/UI design, graphic design, and interaction design professionals who are responsible for the design of outboards, sterndrive motors, controls and user interface systems for the recreational boating industry.
You will be an integral member of a design team committed to delivering superior results. You’ll learn how to work with a team of designers, as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Contribute to and work within, criteria established by a multi-disciplinary product development team
- Execute functional designs with the highest-level aesthetic appeal to maximize customer desire / market success
- Determine materials, construction, mechanics, shape, color, surface finish, manufacturing processes and packaging in cooperation with a multi-disciplinary product development team
- Create documentation necessary to convey design solutions through image / trend boards, sketches, renderings, 3-D models, CAD surface data and written reports
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Gain confidence in your ability to influence people and manage challenging situations to achieve positive result
- Act as a liaison to all areas of the organization while you drive design execution
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Industrial Design or related field
- Minimum second semester sophomore status with 48 completed credits
- Must be an enrolled student during the full length of the co-op
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week) through a full co-op term running January to August 2023
- Excellent traditional and digital sketching and rendering abilities to communicate design intent
- Ability to provide clear, insightful, and actionable design critiques
- Passionate about design with the ability to present effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Working knowledge of production processes
Please add a sample of your design work in a PDF format with your resume
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.