It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick, based in Wisconsin offers a unique, fun and rewarding work environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance in the Marine segment of the recreational industry. Mercury’s work environment is fast-paced, competitive and high-energy.
In the role of the Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the process flow of parts through all operations within the foundry by the use of time studies, cell layout, process improvements, data analysis, and work instructions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Control, analysis, and updating of part routings through plant data systems
- Ensures and reports on process efficiencies and identification and improvement of processes that are not achieving plant goals
- Completion, documentation, and analysis of time and motion studies performed throughout the plant
- Plans, designs, and project manage the selection and layout of equipment within the factory
- Creates, maintains, and improves work instructions / standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operations throughout the plant
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety
- Create, develop, or improve systems to track and report out on plant downtime, efficiencies, time study completion rates, capacity analysis, and yearly standard updates for process routings, ideally through the use of SQL or MS Access databases.
- Focus-on and utilization of data to drive all decisions.
- Utilize a “systems” approach, looking at all factors of the plant, when solving problems and making improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Systems Engineering or related engineering field
- 3-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience with Time and Motion studies and creating work instructions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Excel and Access
- Ability to work with large amounts of data quickly and efficiently to drive to solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in multiple teams
- Willingness to “push the envelope” and try new processes/systems/approaches that may be new to the factory
- Ability to make independent judgements, and supporting those decisions, regarding technical issues
- Self-driven to grow professionally through training, involvement in professional organizations, continuous education, and certifications.
- Effective with moderate supervision
- Minor in Business or MBA
Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, including certifications
- Experience and certification within Project Management
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Strong experience in creating, maintaining, and improving database systems (SQL or MS Access)
- Familiarity with the manufacturing environments
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.