Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Explore Mercury Marine: Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE:BC) is the world leader in the manufacture of recreational marine propulsion engines. Employing Lean Six Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service that have earned us J.D. Power Awards for Customer Satisfaction on both the Optimax 2-stroke and MerCruiser sterndrive power. Being the world leader doesn’t happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative product offerings that shape the future of marine propulsion. We are ready to make that investment in you!
This position is for 3rd Shift. As the Layout Technician you will perform quality layout inspection procedures, practices, and standard evaluation methods that will ensure product quality and integrity. You will utilize laboratory instruments and equipment to help analyze, control, and minimize product variations. Run programs for Coordinate Measuring Machines and other inspection equipment in a climate-controlled environment that result in a detailed report format. Perform capability studies, GR&R s, and first piece approvals when necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Run inspection programs on CMM equipment (Zeiss and Sheffield), and other measuring equipment to support daily production of Marine components
- Communicate CMM inspection results to Machining Techs, Engineers, Supervisors & CNC Programmers, as necessary
Knowledge, Skill and Ability you’ll bring to our team:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in related field of knowledge
- Must be team oriented
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
- Able to perform duties with only some direction and guidance
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Basic understanding of manufacturing
- Verbal and written communication skills to effectively present data and information
- Must have ability to learn job duties in a fast-paced environment
- Post High School education in a specialized technical/scientific field preferred
- Calypso or PC-DMIS experience would be helpful
- Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. AAP / EOE. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.