Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Ready to engineer a truly exciting product?
Bring your talents to the leader in marine engine propulsion systems!
Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE: BC) is the world leader in recreational marine propulsion engines. Brunswick was named by Forbes to the 2022 list of America’s Best Large Employer, ranking No. 2 in Manufacturing. Employing Lean Six Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service.
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer is responsible for support and facilitation of the quality system in the machining process to assure ongoing improvements in quality performance and customer satisfaction. This person will supervise and direct a team of Quality Technicians and work closely with the plant departments to ensure continuity in company quality objectives, eliminating process waste and reducing variation. The Quality Engineer will work with employee teams and managers while exhibiting a professional and cooperative attitude. Experience with machining processes for aluminum materials is a plus.
- Promote and ensure quality activities in manufacturing and support functions to assure that objectives are met
- Deliver quality support to production with an emphasis on engine machining
- Execute root cause analysis, consistently drive to reduce defects & lead product rework
- Improve processes to reduce common cause variability and eliminate special cause by following Problem Solving techniques such as Six Sigma (DMAIC)
- Ensure appropriate collection of quality data, analyze the data for trends, identify corrective action opportunities, and drive corrective action activities
- Coordinate part inspections as required and work with internal audit teams to ensure ISO procedures are being adhered to
- Provide an immediate communication bridge to production supervisors on status and resolution of quality issues that arise in machining as a top priority
- Supervise and direct Machining Quality Technicians
- Coordinate, keep records and support rework and product holds
- Interface with assembly and/or sister plants
- Perform special assignments as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Manufacturing or Quality Engineer
- Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Associate with ASQ, desired
- Lean Six Sigma certification, strongly preferred
- Related work experience in a marine, automotive, or engine manufacturing plant is preferred
- Knowledge of PPAP and Process FMEA activity for both current and new product launches
- Familiarity with GD&T and ability to read & understand blueprints, tolerances & symbols
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, auditing & ISO 9001:2015 Quality Systems
- Ability to lead, teach and motivate a team
- Organizational skills necessary to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio. Statistical software
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities while remaining tactful, professional, and flexible
- Good written and oral communication to communicate with all levels of the organization
*Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.