Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Mercury Marine a Division Brunswick Corporation
Co-op Dates: January 9th 2023 – August 18, 2023 & May 22, 2023 – December 15, 2023
As a Manufacturing Engineering Co-op you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified manufacturing professionals who are responsible for the production and manufacture of outboard and sterndrive motors for the recreational boating industry.
You will become an integral member of a manufacturing team committed to delivering superior results. You’ll learn how to work with a team of managers, supervisors, technicians, and production employees on the plant floor, as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Participate in design reviews to improve the manufacture of new parts and operations
- Evaluate test/production data, prepare technical analysis, and recommend manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products or processes
- Design, plan, and conduct process improvement and/or cost reduction studies/projects on new and current products
- Evaluate vendor capability to provide required products, identify new vendor processes, and conduct tests to qualify new processes on our products.
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Effectively and quickly troubleshoot manufacturing problems to drive production execution and maintain daily productions schedules
- Analyze data and make recommendations that effectively reduce parts or process costs
- Effectively express your ideas, influence people, manage potentially contentious situations to a positive result and communicate with employees at all levels of an organization
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Current enrollment in a BS program with a major in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant degree with a Manufacturing Engineering emphasis
- Minimum second semester sophomore status with 48 completed credits
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week) through a full co-op term running January to August 2023 or June to December 2023
- The ability to enroll in a formalized co-op Program through your university
- Dependable, self-motivated and engaged learner
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 35 lbs.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.