Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Mercury Marine a Division of Brunswick Corporation
Co-op Dates: January 9th 2023 – August 18, 2023 & May 22, 2023 – December 15, 2023
As a Metallurgical Materials Engineer Co-op, you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified engineering professionals who are responsible for the design, production and manufacture of outboard and stern-drive engines for the recreational boating industry.
You will be an integral member of an engineering team committed to delivering critical material analysis and inspection results. You’ll learn how to work with a team of engineers, designers, and technicians, in a lab, as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion. You will perform:
- A wide variety of testing procedures, and failure analysis projects relating to the design, testing, production, and manufacturing of outboard and stern-drive engines for the recreational boating industry.
- Operate and maintain in good working condition corrosion test chambers and evaluate new materials for corrosion resistance and monitor test results.
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Operate state-of-art equipment such as a Scanning Electron Microscope, X-Ray Diffractometer, Glow Discharge Spectrometer, Automated Micro-hardness Tester, Metallographs with Image Analysis software, Electron Dispersive Spectrometer, Corrosion Test Cabinets, and other instrumentation which aid in experimental analysis.
- You’ll learn how to prepare critical written documentation to authenticate your laboratory testing results.
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Current enrollment in a BS program with a major in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or a degree related to Mechanical Engineering Technology with Materials emphasis.
- Completion of two semesters of class-room lab experience in your major, minimum second semester sophomore status with 48 completed credits
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week) through a full co-op term running January to August 2023 or June to December 2023.
- The ability to enroll in a formalized co-op Program through your university
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Competence and interest in Physical Metallurgy and some level of knowledge of Corrosion Testing and Engineering principles.
- A Hands-On willingness to process test samples using standard lab equipment and procedures.
- Ability to write reports that summarizes laboratory test results and that communicates the data, conclusions and recommendations in a concise manner.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.