Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Mercury Marine a Division of Brunswick Corporation
Co-op Dates: January 9th 2023 – August 18, 2023 & May 22, 2023 – December 15, 2023
As a Quality Engineering Co-op you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified manufacturing, quality and engineering professionals who are responsible for the production and manufacture of outboard and sterndrive motors for the recreational boating industry.
You will become an integral member of a manufacturing team committed to delivering superior results.
You’ll learn how to work on the plant floor as part of a team of managers, supervisors, technicians, and production employees, as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationship with manufacturing supervisors, hourly employees, engineers, technicians, and managers
- Test, analyze, and report results on our internal and external quality concerns.
- Interface daily with customers to identify root cause and implement corrective actions to improve process and quality control.
- Assist in evaluating product issues identified by our Customers
- Collaborate on resolution of process and product issues
- Collect and analyze data from manufacturing and warranty
- Mitigate risk through proactive analysis on manufacturing processes and systems
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Use and familiarize yourself with gauging techniques and instruments and different manufacturing processes.
- Gain a better understanding of the manufacturing environment and success factors for your future.
- Utilize personal influence to drive Continuous Improvement through the application of quality tools and methodology.
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Current enrollment in a BS program with a preferred emphasis in Quality, Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum second semester sophomore status with 48 completed credits
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week) through a full co-op term running January to August 2023 or June to December 2023
- The ability to enroll in a formalized co-op Program through your university
- Strong math background with experience in basic statistics (F and t Tests, Distribution analysis, etc)
- Advanced computers skills to include Excel and Power Point.
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick Corporation based in Fond du Lac, WI, is a unique, fun and rewarding place to work. Our fast-paced, high-energy environment fosters professional growth and satisfaction while recognizing and valuing individual performance. If we can move boats through the water at record speeds, imagine what we can do for your career!
Mercury Marine #1 on The Water…and #1 for a great co-op experience!
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.