Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
This person is responsible for supporting the data systems and reporting involved in our Manufacturing Operations area. They will work closely with the Controls, IT, Engineering, Scheduling, Materials, Assembly, Machining and Coatings groups to ensure that quality data is received from our systems and reported in easy-to-understand ways. They will work professionally and cooperatively with various teams to provide data to the business to improve quality and performance. Experience with Data Analytics and Data Management Systems is required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Propose better solutions by gathering functional requirements, looking at the overall business needs, enterprise architecture, available platforms, solutions, and limitations.
- Develop scalable and reliable datasets, reports and dashboards for different user groups as required.
- Facilitate development of data sources and reporting to meet quality objectives and improve yields.
- Develop metrics for product and process yields across the operations and report out to the respective teams.
- Monitor, own, maintain and report on cross-functional metrics including in-process serialized inventory, rework and product holds, etc. within various plants.
- Help determine the adequacy and accuracy of quality standards. Where standards are not available, coordinate their development.
- Promote and ensure quality activities in manufacturing and support functions to assure that objectives are met.
- Work with IT to develop, deploy and maintain scalable web applications to collect and store data from production or business processes where required.
- Use structured quality improvement tools such as six sigma tools to improve processes, reduce common cause variability and eliminate special cause variability.
- Ensure appropriate collection of quality data, analyze the data for trends, identify continuous improvement opportunities, and drive corrective and preventative action activities.
- Participate on internal teams to facilitate the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of automation systems.
- Support manufacturing in troubleshooting automation and controls issues.
- Facilitate the definition and execution of design verifications and manufacturing control plans.
- Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures and ISO 9001:2015.
- Perform special assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering, data science or equivalent discipline with 6+ years of applicable experience
- Must be willing to complete additional advanced education/training courses as needed
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Deep understanding of relational databases, data warehouse schemas and best practices in data modelling
- Ability to extract data from various manufacturing systems, analyze patterns and identify anomalies
- Knowledge of statistical process control and advanced statistical analysis
- Competent with data analytics in SQL, Excel and PowerBI/Tableau
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, PowerBI/Tableau, SharePoint, PowerQuery
- Familiarity with web service calls/API integration into analytics applications
- Familiarity with SCADA systems like Ignition/FactoryTalk or ability to learn
- Experience with Power Platform suite including Power Automate, Power Apps, PowerBI, SharePoint or ability to learn
- Ability to lead, learn, teach, and motivate a team
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or ability to acquire
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (or equivalent) or ability to acquire
- Competency in data manipulation using R/Python/DAX
- Experience in extracting and manipulating data coming from PinPoint systems
- Understanding of industrial network infrastructures including Ethernet and DeviceNet
- Familiarity with HMI’s including Iconics and Panelview.
- Possess the ability to read and understand controls prints
- Exposure to technologies such as RFID, vision systems and robots
- General knowledge of tooling and equipment associated in a manufacturing environment.
- Organization and documentation skills necessary to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities while remaining tactful, professional, and flexible
- Good written and oral communication to communicate with all levels of the organization
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.